Prince Andrew Frogmore offer ‘final blow’ for Harry, Meghan

Prince Andrew Frogmore offer ‘final blow’ for Harry, Meghan

As if an eviction notice wasn’t brutal enough.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were taken aback when King Charles III offered Prince Andrew Frogmore Cottage — shortly after they were evicted from the residence.

According to royal expert Omid Scobie’s upcoming book, “Endgame,” the monarch’s gesture toward his younger brother was the “final blow” for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, 42.

Although Charles’ decision was most likely not a dig directly at Harry, 39, Scobie insists it “undoubtedly” was. Furthermore, Charles, 75, always had a “blind spot” for his disgraced sibling, and Andrew repeatedly turned down the property.

“This eviction surely spells the end of Harry and Meghan’s time in the UK,” an insider told the Sun earlier this year.

“Andrew is resisting the idea of moving into Frogmore Cottage after he was offered it last week,” they added. “But it shows Harry and Meghan are powerless to stop the eviction.”

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry at a service of thanksgiving for Queen Elizabeth II at St Paul’s Cathedral in London on June 3, 2022. Getty Images
Frogmore Cottage Shutterstock
Markle and Harry were asked to vacate the Frogmore Cottage premises in March. Shutterstock

Prince Andrew, 63, stepped down as a working royal amid his disastrous 2019 BBC interview justifying his friendship with pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, who died by suicide in his jail cell in August 2019.

Andrew, who has instead remained at the Royal Lodge, was later stripped of his “His Royal Highness” title.

“With The Queen’s approval and agreement, The Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen,” the palace said in a statement in January 2022. “The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”

Markle and Harry depart after visiting Bristol Old Vic in England on Feb. 1, 2019. WireImage
Prince Andrew outside of Balmoral Castle in Ballater on Sept. 10, 2022. POOL/AFP via Getty Images

At the time, Charles and Prince William wanted to reportedly “exile” him so it wouldn’t affect the Firm.

Harry and the former actress, meanwhile, stayed at Frogmore Cottage with their son, Archie, until their official move across the pond to Montecito, California, in 2020 when they stepped down as senior members of the royal family. The residence was available if they returned to the UK (Meghan only has come back for the queen’s funeral in September 2022), but Charles requested them to vacate in March 2023. They gathered their belongings and were completely out of Frogmore by that June.

Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth II outside Frogmore House in Windsor, England, on March 23, 2021. Getty Images

Per Scobie’s book, Harry reportedly called his father to discuss the decision and asked if he ever wanted to see his grandchildren again. Charles did not directly answer the question, instead allegedly saying that Harry and his family would have “somewhere” to stay when they visited.

Harry and his uncle have also made headlines for the different guidelines they’ve been given about wearing their military medals.

Harry and Markle’s engagement photo on Dec. 21, 2017. AP

Harry, who served in the army for 10 years and did two tours in Afghanistan, was not allowed to wear his uniform to the queen’s funeral. After backlash, he donned the attire at the queen’s vigil alongside his brother, Prince William, and their cousins.

In May, he’d later go without his uniform for King Charles’ coronation ceremony. Prince Andrew, however, wore the ceremonial robes.

Check Also

Travis Kelce to host ‘Are You Smarter Than a Celebrity?’

Travis Kelce to host ‘Are You Smarter Than a Celebrity?’

Travis Kelce’s year just continues to be a bust-out game changer. The NFL star, who …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *