North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum suspends 2024 presidential campaign

North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum suspends 2024 presidential campaign

North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum suspended his presidential campaign on Monday after failing to garner polling momentum in a crowded GOP field.

Burgum’s campaign stressed his influence in electing energy as an issue on the GOP debate stage.

The governor also criticized the Republican National Committee for their qualification metrics for the debates, arguing “none of their debate criteria relate to the qualifications related to actually doing the job of the president.”

“Our decision to run for President came from a place of caring deeply about every American and a mission to re-establish trust in America’s leadership and our institutions of democracy. While this primary process has shaken my trust in many media organizations and political party institutions, it has only strengthened my trust in America,” Burgum said in a statement.

“We are deeply grateful for each and every person who supported us with their ideas, prayers, advocacy, encouragement and enthusiasm,” the multimillionaire added.

He previously told The Post he would be running through the Iowa and New Hampshire primaries.

This is a breaking event, please refresh for updates.

Check Also

Number of migrant families in NYC care falls — officials say nearly half who got 60-day warnings moved on

Number of migrant families in NYC care falls — officials say nearly half who got 60-day warnings moved on

Nearly half of the migrant families who received notices to move on from the Big …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *